[R129 SL] Gas Overfill...

Victor R. Lopez r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:55:03 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1981227893-1097114103=:87724

Hi Adam
I would think it might be bad gas, even when the noozle clicks off I give it a few more pulls and have never had that problem. Maybe someone else can shed more light.

victor

Adam Gage <ADAPL12@ADELPHIA.NET> wrote:
My gas gauge, which I left in the "on" position, wasn't reading correctly on my '99 SL500, and I proceeded to overfill the tank, even though it says on the cover DO NOT OVERFILL...

Leaving the station after one stop, the car started hesitating and even died at a light.  Any suggestions, anyone?  I know I shouldn't have overfilled it.  Where is the fuel filter located?  The car has been otherwise running beautifully.
It is hesitating and the engine stopping intermittently.  Has anyone had a similar problem?

Please help!

Sincerely,
Bonehead

--0-1981227893-1097114103=:87724

<DIV>Hi Adam</DIV>
<DIV>I would think it might be bad gas, even when the noozle clicks off I give it a few more pulls and have never had that problem. Maybe someone else can shed more light.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>victor </DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>Adam Gage &lt;ADAPL12@ADELPHIA.NET&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>My gas gauge, which I left in the "on" position, wasn't reading correctly on my '99 SL500, and I proceeded to overfill the tank, even though it says on the cover DO NOT OVERFILL...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Leaving the station after one stop, the car started hesitating and even died at a light.&nbsp; Any suggestions, anyone?&nbsp; I know I shouldn't have overfilled it.&nbsp; Where is the fuel filter located?&nbsp; The car has been otherwise running beautifully.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>It is hesitating and the engine stopping intermittently.&nbsp; Has anyone had a similar problem?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Please help!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Sincerely, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Bonehead</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>
--0-1981227893-1097114103=:87724--