[R129 SL] 1999 sl 500 needs help

Victor R. Lopez r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:50:30 -0800 (PST)

--0-960008956-1080759030=:97653

I currently have 1999 sl 500 with 23000 miles. Its just started doing this, from time to time when I turn the ignition key to start the vehicle, the motor turns over, seems like one or two revolutions as to start then stops very abruptly as if something is holding the flywheel from turning (compression?). Someone mentioned that the the battery is going. I can turn the key completely to the left and start over and it will start with good cranking speed. Has anyone out there experience this.