[R129 SL] Tire pressures on an SL500 Sport?

Rob Vonderhaar r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:10:10 -0400

Hi all -
I have a '95 SL500 that's been upgraded to the same 18" AMG wheels and tires
that AMG ships on the Sport configuration of this car.

I just had new 245x40-18 Dunlop SP9000's put on the fronts (the 275x35-18
rears are still fine), and faced the same question I've always had:  What
tire pressures should I run in the front and rears?  Obviously the MB specs
for the stock 8-hole wheels and narrower 16" tires are of little value here.

Does anyone out there have an SL Sport with this wheel/tire setup that could
tell me what MB suggests and/or or what you personally run?

Thanks in advance -
  Rob Vonderhaar
  Leesburg, VA