[R129 SL] Battery charging. winter preseving etc.

Markus Meyer r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:59:52 -0500

Check out the Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse.  They sell a 12V battery
tender for about $30-35 that works great, I have one for my motorcycle, and
another for my car.  It even has the setup where you don't need the
alligator clips and can plug straight into the battery via a wiring setup
that gets bolted right to the battery.

http://www.accwhse.com/batteryt.htm

Markus

From: "Michael Willnow" <mwillnow@lightspeed.net>
To: <r129list@mbcoupes.com>
Subject: Re: [R129 SL] Battery charging. winter preseving etc.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:08:19 -0800

I had the same problem with my '97 SL500. I purchased a "float" charger for
about $50 and it works great. Just hook up the two alligator clips to the
battery terminals and plug it in. It will keep the battery fully charged
without overcharging it. If you decide to go this route, make sure you get
one that states it has the circuitry in it to prevent overcharging. It will
cycle on and off as needed.

Mike