[R129 SL] Roll bar deployment

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:15:05 EDT

-------------------------------1092694505

Not an unusual situation- especially if any of your vehicle's wheels left the
ground...... the car thinks it may be going airborne, and ratchets the bar up.

The easiest way I've retracted it is with the roof off or top down but I
suppose it's a matter of your agility. You must simultaneously press the roll bar
button and push back on the bar itself - - -it's fairly resistant but you'll
feel it start to go..... force it all the way into the down position - -and it
should latch.

At least that was my experience ! Good luck!

CQRT in AZ

-------------------------------1092694505

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffff=
f">
<DIV>Not an unusual situation- especially if any of your vehicle's wheels le=
ft the ground...... the car thinks it may be going airborne, and ratchets th=
e bar up.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The easiest way I've retracted it is with the roof off or top down but=20=
I suppose it's a matter of your agility. You must simultaneously press the r=
oll bar button <U>and</U> push back on the bar itself - - -it's fairly resis=
tant but you'll feel it start to go..... force it all the way into the down=20=
position - -and it should latch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At least that was my experience ! Good luck!</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>CQRT in AZ</DIV></BODY></HTML>