[R129 SL] Tires

Bobby Ross r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:30:56 -0400

I have a 1995 SL 500 and just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (all
season) from Tire Rack.  I purchased them because they are all season,
scored highest on the ride comfort and noise comfort , but most of  all the
Treadweare rating is 400 instead of the other performance tires that carry a
220. The handling is just as good as the high performance Pilot Sport.  And
the price was about the same as the high performance sport.  Tread design is
not quite as classy, but acceptable

Check out www.tirerack.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deneal Schilmeister (iMac)" <deneals@mbz.org>
To: <r129list@mbcoupes.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:07 AM
Subject: [R129 SL] Tires

I'm starting to look for a new set of tires.  I'll be scanning the usual
suspected web resources, but I'd like any anecdotal evidence/recommendations
from real end-users.

I have a 1995 SL320 with the original stock wheels. I'm looking for
comfortable long distance driving tires rather than performance tires.

Thanks in advance,

Deneal Schilmeister
MBCA Gateway 1991-2003
1995 SL320  (112k)