[R129 SL] SL600 Maintenance

Victor R. Lopez r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:59:19 -0800 (PST)

--0-2137406811-1080925159=:6411

The bottom line? It's like buying a house. If you have to ask the cost to heat it, you cant afford it. A small price to pay to drive a beautiful and fast car.
 victor
1983 El Camino
1986 Mondial Cabriolet
1991 jeep wrangler :)
1999 sl500

R Stidmon <rstid@rcn.com> wrote:
I don't know where the misconception started, as I spoke with SL600 owners before I bought mine.  Like any high performance car, a large part of your maintenance will depend on how you drive it.  I put about 15K miles per on my '99 SL600 and spend $1,500 - $2,000 per year on maintenance.  That includes a new set of tires each year...  My mpg can vary from as low as 15 around town to as high as 25 on a trip, and oil changes are 12K miles apart.

If you want a great looking car the 500 is fine.  If you want a great looking, fast car, the 600 is hard to beat.  I have no regrets and intend keeping mine for at least 5 more years.

Ron Stidmon
W. PA

--0-2137406811-1080925159=:6411

<DIV>
<DIV>The bottom line?&nbsp;It's like buying&nbsp;a house. If you have to ask the cost to heat it, you cant afford it. A small price to pay to drive a beautiful and fast car.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;victor</DIV>
<DIV>1983 El Camino</DIV>
<DIV>1986 Mondial Cabriolet</DIV>
<DIV>1991 jeep wrangler :)</DIV>