[R129 SL] Re: 500SL windshield wiper gone bezerk!

Cliff Sadler r129list@mbcoupes.com
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:52:18 -0400

Thank you sir.
After checking alldata, it appears that the plastic dome stays on the unit,
and you remove the whole assembly with 3 screws by getting behind the air
intake grill.
I'll check it out soon. I figure some screw came loose, and the linkage is
just out of whack from that.

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]On
Behalf Of dr.r.becker@gmx.net
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:04 PM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: [R129 SL] Re: 500SL windshield wiper gone bezerk!

Cliff,

> What can I check to see if the assembly somehow came loose, and has
> rotated, or something is broken?

don't know if that is possible at all, I have never opened one. The
linkage part with the up/down piston is just one unit to r&r, no
single parts available from MB. You could try to open it and see
what's wrong with it. An MB workshop would just replace the
linkage ;-)

> Specifically, can't figure out how to get the plastic cover off the main
> pivot point.

I think the plastic cover is just clipped on.

Richard Becker
London