[R129 SL] HardtopPanoramic Glass Roof

Norm and Pat Waleke r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 17:26:52 -0700

on 11/9/03 2:58 PM, Carl and Lorry at carlor@foothillwireless.net wrote:

>I am presently looking at two 1999 SL500's being sold without accompanying
>hardtop.  One is silver with gray interior the other is smoke silver with beige
>interior.
>
>Are hardtops and panoramic roofs interchangeable?  And if so, will any year
>issue work?
>
>Are there any issues I need to know about such as side windows if a buy a
>panoramic roof?

We have a '97 SL500 brochure that says "Note: Installation of the Panorama
roof requires modifictions to the mounting points that do not also allow the
use of the hardtop."

The panorama roof is an option and I believe the car had to be ordered that
way, but I could be wrong.

To be sure you might call the Tech Department at MBUSA 1-800-367-6372, Ext
6346 (Dan).

Hope this helps,

Norm and Pat
New Mexico, USA
'89 M-B 560SL 42.5K (his) "White Knight"
'93 M-B 300E Sportline 51.9K (ours) "Green Hornet"
'97 M-B SL500AE 5.4K (hers) "Red Baron"
'98 M-B SLK230 8.6K (ours) "Slick"
'00 Honda S2000 5.1K (his) "Ichibon"
'01 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5.3K (ours) "Salsa"
'01 Plymouth Prowler .9K (hers) "Pumpkin"
'03 Nissan Frontier .2K (ours) "Bulldog"
photos: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover
SL Gallery: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover/page11a.html