[R129 SL] Hood Badge

Satish Tummala r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:48:24 -0500

The badge is simply pressed on via two plastic dowels which are part of
the underside of the emblem.  To remove, open the hood, take a small
punch and simply press the dowel pins, hence pushing out the emblem.

Satish

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of Pat and Norm Waleke
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 7:01 PM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: Re: [R129 SL] Hood Badge

In a message dated 3/14/03 2:54 PM, Archie Morgan at archie@trellis.net
wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a 1994 SL320 with a flat hood badge.  The paint is starting to
> come off the badge and I have purchased a replacement.  How do I get
> the old one off? I cannot see the screws from inside the hood. Thanks,
> Archie

It may just be glued on, if so, use dental floss. Just work it under the
badge slowly and it will come off, and it will not scratch the paint. If
the hood is a little warm it will work better. In fact, you can also use
fishing line, as well.

Good luck,

Norm and Pat
New Mexico, USA
'89 M-B 560SL 42K (his) "White Knight"
'91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 34K (ours) "Blue Max"
'93 M-B 300E Sportline 50K (ours) "Green Hornet"
'97 M-B SL500AE 4K (hers) "Red Baron"
'98 M-B SLK230 7K (ours) "Slick"
'00 Honda S2000 2K (his) "Ichibon"
'01 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4K (ours) "Salsa"
'01 Plymouth Prowler .7K (hers) "Pumpkin"
photos: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover
SL Gallery: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover/page11a.html