[R129 SL] 1997 600SL Purchase.

John Collins r129list@mbcoupes.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 13:59:16 -0700

At 11:04 AM -0700 7/15/03, Carol Hodgman wrote:
>Just purchased a 1997 600SL w/ 31000 miles in Georgia.  I'm flying down
>to look at this Friday and was curious if anyone had any tips for things
>I might look at.  The care has 31000 miles, delivered to VA, lived in
>GA.

Sounds awesome.  What color?

Some of them leak oil.  My 95 did in a couple of places: oil cooler line 'O' rings and pan gasket.  My 99 doesn't leak at all.

Get it looked at by an experienced mechanic if you can.

I've had two of these cars and still find them amazing.  Oh, and when you pick it up, be sure to take a radar detector along.  It's really hard to crawl along at the speed limit.
--

John Collins
Irvine, CA