[R129 SL] 300 SL

Satish Tummala r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:27:00 -0400

I thought 300SLs started in first though.

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of Damian Seipel
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2003 11:57 AM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: RE: [R129 SL] 300 SL

Actually, the car starts off in second gear unless it has been modified
to start off in first. Mercedes has been doing this for some time.  Try
taking off slow from a dead stop and then quickly apply full throttle
engaging the kick-down switch(passing gear), and you will feel the car
downshift to first gear.  Or ask any Mercedes mechanic.  You can modify
the valve body to start off in first gear at all times if you like.

Damian Seipel
Yamaha Motor Corporation
1270 Chastain Road
Kennesaw, GA 30144