[R129 SL] Ignition Help request

Victor R. Lopez r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:40:39 -0800 (PST)

--0-327923859-1071351639=:97577

This may be a long shot but the connections from the ignition.switch to the starter solenoid may have shorted or may have come loose. An ohm meter might help to check that. Also you might want to check the connection from the battery to the starter. hope that helps

Derek Callender <derek@derekcallender.info> wrote: Check the battery terminals are really tight !
----- Original Message -----
From: BeckyM65@aol.com
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2003 3:01 AM
Subject: [R129 SL] Ignition Help request

Even though this car is a 90 560 SEL, I have always gotten great info from the group for my SL. Problem

1990 560SEL   new battery, car has power to everything,but, the car does zip when I turn the ignition key. No little sounds or anything. It didnt help putting it into nuetral either. Havent ever had any problems with it before, just popped up all of a sudden. Checked the fuse box in the engine compartment as well. Any ideas from you merecedes geniuses out there ? Becky

--0-327923859-1071351639=:97577

<DIV>
<DIV>This may be a long shot but the connections from the ignition.switch to the starter solenoid&nbsp;may have shorted or&nbsp;may have come loose. An ohm meter might help to check that. Also you might want to check the connection from the battery to the starter. hope that helps<BR><BR><B><I>Derek Callender &lt;derek@derekcallender.info&gt;</I></B> wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<STYLE></STYLE>

<DIV><EM><FONT size=3>Check the battery terminals are really tight !</FONT></EM></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=BeckyM65@aol.com href="mailto:BeckyM65@aol.com">BeckyM65@aol.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A title=r129list@mbcoupes.com href="mailto:r129list@mbcoupes.com">r129list@mbcoupes.com</A> </DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, December 13, 2003 3:01 AM</DIV>
<DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [R129 SL] Ignition Help request</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>Even though this car is a 90 560 SEL, I have always gotten great info from the group for my SL. Problem</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1990 560SEL&nbsp;&nbsp; new battery, car has power to everything,but, the car does zip when I turn the ignition key. No little sounds or anything. It didnt help putting it into nuetral either. Havent ever had any problems with it before, just popped up all of a sudden. Checked the fuse box in the engine compartment as well. Any ideas from you merecedes geniuses out there ? Becky</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-327923859-1071351639=:97577--