[R129 SL] Less brake dust: EBC Green Stuff

Tom Reynolds r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 01 Aug 2003 21:16:40 -0700

--=======6A392A03=======

More feedback, FWIW;

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:25:47 -0400
From: "Steven L Meltzer, DMD" <slmeltzer1@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [MB] Less brake dust: EBC Green Stuff pads?

I once used these on my 1997 C280.  They trashed the rotors in no time flat
and sounded horrible (sort of a grinding noise).

Steve
1988 300TE
134K

and

Message: 6
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 20:39:36 -0400
From: "Richard McGinnis" <signifer@earthlink.net>

I tried them on a 1990 300E. They didn't dust while I had them in the car
(not very long). I didn't like them at all and went to Textar (yellow box);
much better pad even though it dusts some. As I remember it, the EBCs didn't
brake consistently and made scary noises (rather like Steve described).
(and yes, I like parenthetic comments...)

Regards,
richard m

and also

Message: 9