[R129 SL] Oil Change Question

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:20:14 EDT

--part1_95.24bda690.2aec7d2e_boundary

I just got my "new" '92 600SL.  I am a longtime Mercedes owner and have
usually done my routine maintenance.  I need an oil change and I have the
filter and can SEE the filter housing.  What is the right way to get to the
filter?  Are there any tricks to the underpinnings to get to the oil plug in
the pan?  Anyone know of a good source for a manual for routine maintenance.
My MB dealer says they sell a CD for repairs for $130.  Anyone have any
experience with this kind of CD ?
Thanks,
Mike in Morgantown, PA
600SL
560 SEC
560 SEL

--part1_95.24bda690.2aec7d2e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">I just got my "new" '92 600SL.&nbsp; I am a longtime Mercedes owner and have usually done my routine maintenance.&nbsp; I need an oil change and I have the filter and can SEE the filter housing.&nbsp; What is the right way to get to the filter?&nbsp; Are there any tricks to the underpinnings to get to the oil plug in the pan?&nbsp; Anyone know of a good source for a manual for routine maintenance.&nbsp; My MB dealer says they sell a CD for repairs for $130.&nbsp; Anyone have any experience with this kind of CD ?<BR>
Thanks,<BR>
Mike in Morgantown, PA<BR>
600SL<BR>
560 SEC<BR>