[R129 SL] SL hardtops

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:18:29 GMT

  This is a re-post, but I still would like an answer if possible. I am activly
seeking an SL 500 or 600, 1991 to 199? under 32000$. My question concerns the
possible levels of quality of the hardtop. A co-worker with an SL600 has told
me that there are 3 different prices for the top from MBUSA that vary according
to the level of soundproofing and the quality of the headliner. Is this true?
And if so, how does one tell them apart when trying to decide between two
different cars ? I am looking for a GT not a racer and the quietest top would
be something that I would be interested in. Here in Los Angeles there are lots
of SL's, most, unfortunatly for me, in triple black. The problem lies is
choosing the best and considering all factors. Of course a full MB service is
necessary, but that eliminates very few potential cars. I am looking for any
color except black, white or green. I  love spruce green, but our wagon is that
color and one is enough. I am off to look at a teal 500 with parchment interior
this weekend, 82K miles for 25995.