[R129 SL] R129 ride height

Michael Devenis r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:41:45 -0700

I.am having trouble adjusting the ride height on my '93 600SL. The car
has the hydraulic self leveling suspension. Changing the length of the
turnbuckle link in the front has no effect on the ride height at all.
The nose is low, so low that I have scraped the front chin spoiler on
gentle driveways and even once on a speedbump. The rear is very high
compared to other cars I have seen, I can put 4 fingers between the tire
and the wheel lip. In the front, I cannot get 2 fingers in between the
tire and the wheel arch. There are no codes and no lights on the dash.
The fluid level is fine and the ride is smooth and supple.
   Any suggestions?