[R129 SL] Dash Cluster short ?

B T r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sun, 21 Jul 2002 15:36:24 -0500

Mine does the same thing...i haven't been able to find any type of
resolution. It's a 92 500sl

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of CQRT@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 10:55 AM
To: R129list@MBcoupes.com
Subject: [R129 SL] Dash Cluster short ?

Greetings all:
  While turning on the headlights on my `92 300SL, I noticed the entire
strip of warning lights flash briefly and a couple of the gauges
faultered...then all resumed as normal. I saw the same thing a day later
when putting on the turn signal and have observed the same thing
periodically but not constantly.
  My guess is a short somewhere in the dash cluster wiring but am
clueless where to begin a possible remedy. Has anyone else experienced
this odd symptom - - any suggestions at a remedy ?
Thanks-
Rollie Trayte
Scottsdale,AZ