[R129 SL] Wheels

Michael Devenis r129list@mbcoupes.com
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 18:57:13 -0700

I am running 16's but I have the Yokahama AVS Db tires, and I can
wholeheartedly reccommend them. Here in Southern California I am able to use
the car topless much of the year. A noisy tire is totally unacceptable, the Db
series is very, very quiet, I can hardly hear them at 75 with the top down.
They stick very well for not being a "high performance" tire. The only real
drawback is that now I am very aware of the tire noise of other cars, M&S tires
on a Volvo or Audi are now very noticibly louder than before when the noise
from my own drowned them out. I believe they also come in the larger sizes as
well. Mine were approx. $130.00 each.