[R129 SL] Locking mechanism for Power top

Baktash Taghehchian r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:42:41 -0600

Hi, I have a slight problem. I have a 1992 500SL. I'm having problems with
the locking mechanism right above the windshield for the top. There are 2
hydraulic locks that lock the top down into place right above the
windshield. One of them has a slight leak. and the other one (passenger
side) is leaking heavily. I was wondering if there is any way to rebuild or
repair these or if they need to be replaced. Also if they need to be
replaced, where can I get the parts without paying an arm and a leg.

Thanks in advance,
Baktash
1992 500SL
1998 ML320