[R129 SL] 300SL Electrical

s Khuraij r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:58:29 -0700

Tom,

I think you are thinking in the right direction.
It has to be something simple somewhere.

Sudeep

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]On
Behalf Of Tom Reynolds
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 11:36 AM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: Re: [R129 SL] 300SL Electrical

I hate to even suggest this, as I'm certainly not a tech, but could it be
something as simple as a grounding problem?  If the gauge cluster is not
properly grounded (not clean, tight, etc.) could that be the source of the
problem?
Tom Reynolds
Hereford, AZ

At 01:06 PM 08/16/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>Our service dealer says it's a short in the gauge cluster--possibly a
relay...mine flashes all the warning lights, gauges go to zero but
immediately bounce back--cluster is about $1500++ but another poster to the
board said his mechanic replaced the cluster but the problem persists - -
haven't heard that MB has identified the problem or the solution but our
doesn't seem related to the fuel levels - - just activation of lights, turn
signal, etc.