[R129 SL] 300SL Electrical

B T r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:25:14 -0500

I have the same problem in mine... It's had 2 "used" clusters put in it,
and finally a brand new one... And the problem is still there....

-----Original Message-----
From: r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com [mailto:r129list-admin@mbcoupes.com]
On Behalf Of CQRT@aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2002 12:06 PM
To: r129list@mbcoupes.com
Subject: Re: [R129 SL] 300SL Electrical

Our service dealer says it's a short in the gauge cluster--possibly a
relay...mine flashes all the warning lights, gauges go to zero but
immediately bounce back--cluster is about $1500++ but another poster to
the board said his mechanic replaced the cluster but the problem
persists - - haven't heard that MB has identified the problem or the
solution but our doesn't seem related to the fuel levels - - just
activation of lights, turn signal, etc. Rollie Trayte Arizona