[R129 SL] Need help/advice re:Two questions

William Miller r129list@mbcoupes.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 06:00:55 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0379_01C1EC1E.90339C40

Need help/advice re:Two questions--hope you can point me in right =
direction.  I live in a small town with really arrogant dealer (imagine =
that).  Any advise would be really appreciated.

Need some help--first---is there supposed to be a light behind the temp =
display on the climate control panel?

There isn't one in mine---does that mean the controller is fried or is =
there a simple fix OR is there even a light there?

Yesterday I took my 500 to get the A/c checked.  They said it was low on =
refrigerant and added 0.75 lbs of 134.  The a/c now works fine but may =
have leak in evaporator the mechanic said.

The REAL problem thought is -- the ASR indicator light is on constantly =
now along with the check engine light.  The mechanic said it came on =
when he started the car.  It wasn't on when I dropped car off so I =
assume they must have done something either charging a/c or moving car.

It stars in 3rd gear and as manual says "it takes considerable effort" =
to move accelerator.  The mb dealer says it's probably a "code" hung in =
system. Is there a layman's way to find that out and clear code or am I =
stuck  sending car to dealer for extended (expensive) stay?

Hope someone can advise---

------=_NextPart_000_0379_01C1EC1E.90339C40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<DIV>Need help/advice re:Two questions--hope you can point me in right=20
direction.&nbsp; I live in a small town with really arrogant dealer =
(imagine=20
that).&nbsp; Any advise would be really appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Need some help--first---is there supposed to be a light behind the =
temp=20
display on the climate control panel?<BR><BR>There isn't one in =
mine---does that=20
mean the controller is fried or is there a simple fix OR is there even a =
light=20
there?<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Yesterday I took my 500 to get the A/c checked.&nbsp; They said it =
was low=20
on refrigerant and added 0.75 lbs of 134.&nbsp; The a/c now works fine =
but may=20
have leak in evaporator the mechanic said.<BR><BR>The REAL problem =
thought is --=20
the ASR indicator light is on constantly now along with the check engine =

light.&nbsp; The mechanic said it came on when he started the car.&nbsp; =
It=20
wasn't on when I dropped car off so I assume they must have done =
something=20
either charging a/c or moving car.<BR><BR>It stars in 3rd gear and as =
manual=20
says "it takes considerable effort" to move accelerator.&nbsp; The mb =
dealer=20
says it's probably a "code" hung in system. Is there a layman's way to =
find that=20
out and clear code or am I stuck&nbsp; sending car to dealer for =
extended=20
(expensive) stay?<BR><BR>Hope someone can=20
advise---</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0379_01C1EC1E.90339C40--