[R129 SL] 1991 300SL

r129list@mbcoupes.com r129list@mbcoupes.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:03:50 -0400

Charlie:
Not sure on the clock issue - -perhaps just needs to be cleans or refurbed . . had a similar issue with earlier MB 129..window motor was just tired and needed replacement/rebuilt...I have the original Benz integrated phone but don't use it because it's analog . . . the replacement Timeport I'm told is a $1500 to $2000 upgrade and not worth the $$ in my view - - I bought the holder for my StarTac that plugs into the cigarette lighter that makes it hands-free for about $40 and that seems to be a good compromise - -you can add an earpiece with microphone for another $10 - - for me- a lower cost option that works just fine . . .I can turn my own radio down, thank you (a feature the MB integrated system does for you)
Good luck-
Rollie
Scottsdale, AZ