[R129 SL] Wheels

Norm and Pat Waleke r129list@mbcoupes.com
Mon, 04 Jan 1904 16:27:45 -0600

on 7/20/02 2:12 PM, George Herman at geherman@pacbell.net wrote:

> I have a 1994 SL500 and I'm considering buying 17 or 18" wheels. I've
> talked to a few of the service and sales people at my dealer, they
> almost all tell me that they much prefer the ride of the 16" wheels. I'm
> looking into the larger wheels because of looks. Does anyone else have
> any experience with going with the larger wheels?

Our SL500AE came with 17" wheels but after a couple of years we decided we
liked the idea of 18" wheels. After doing a lot of research, we decided on
18" Monoblock AMG wheels with Bridgestone Potenza S-02 Pole Position tires.
We really think that the ride and handling on the 18" is as good or better
than the 17" and the look is even more aggressive. The S-02s are soft and
are very quiet and handle great. We are glad we made the change.

Check out the pics on our website:
http://www.zianet.com/SLlover/page64b.html

If that is what you want, go for it!

Norm and Pat
New Mexico, USA
'89 M-B 560SL 42K (his) "White Knight"
'91 Mitsubishi Mighty Max 34K (ours) "Blue Max"
'93 M-B 300E Sportline 50K (ours) "Green Hornet"
'97 M-B SL500AE 4K (hers) "Red Baron"
'98 M-B SLK230 7K (ours) "Slick"
'00 Honda S2000 2K (his) "Ichibon"
'01 Chrysler PT Cruiser 2K (ours) "Salsa"
'01 Plymouth Prowler .5K (hers) "Pumpkin"
photos: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover
SL Gallery: http://www.zianet.com/SLlover/page11a.html