[LargeFormat] Hello all

Wilkes, Don LCS:EX Don.Wilkes at gov.bc.ca
Wed Jun 4 11:30:52 EDT 2008

Tom said:

> Let me throw a stone into the water again. What format(s) do

> you shoot?

> 4x5,5x7, 8x10, or even bigger?

I'm happily shlepping a Toyo 45A into the field these days. I used to
drag an old Calumet CC400 around, which was --ahem-- challenging. As I'm
in a fairly small city, finding any sort of used large format gear was
quite difficult until fairly recently, so I was ecstatic when the very
camera I lusted after popped up one day about three years ago. Now, the
faithful old Calumet sits in its case, quietly resting until I need it
for somethat that requires pretzel-like contortions. So far, that hasn't
come up since the Toyo, as 95% of the time I'm in the forest, shooting
tree stumps and such.

Cheers,
\dw