[LargeFormat] Hello all

Leigh Solland (on Webmail) solland at telusplanet.net
Fri May 30 15:56:12 EDT 2008

Quoting Tom Kumagai <kumasan1969 at nifty.com>:

> So you people keep buying enlargers, one after another??

> .... wait... I ... do ... have another enlarger, 35 to 6x6 Hansa ...

> sitting in the closet...

Hi Tom,

I have one of those old Hansa enlargers too, along with a really old Omega D-
II. Both, unfortunately, are in storage since my last move a year and a half
ago.

A lot of people seem to be scanning negatives and printing electronically. I
prefer the opposite, to create an image with the help of the computer, then
digi-print a negative and put it on the enlarger for traditional printing. I
was just getting started on that, with the help of Dan Burkholder's book, when
I had to pack up the darkroom.

Meanwhile, I am getting my kicks out of learning to shoot digital.

Good luck!
Leigh