[LargeFormat] Prepping Quickloads for development

Christoph Hammann chammann at kontakt-mit-linsen.com
Thu Jul 6 16:25:16 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to large format photography, so forgive the dumb questions. I
have a Fuji Quickload II holder and lots of 4X5" Acros film in Quickload
packs on the way from the supplier, and while I can imagine using them in
the field to make exposures, I can't for the life of me imagine how you get
the film out of the envelope for development. Is a peel-off affair? How do
you avoid putting kinks in the film? Do you simply cut off the plastic parts
at either end before developing? I have a developing tank that stands 12
films on edge.
Thanks for any advice that helps avoid wasting film,

Christoph