[LargeFormat] New pictures of old cameras

Malcolm Stewart malcolm_stewart at megalith.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 04:52:59 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georges Giralt" <georges.giralt at free.fr>
To: "f32 Large Format Photography Mail List" <largeformat at f32.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] New pictures of old cameras

> Hi !
> On the French Galerie Photo forum (http://www.galerie-photo.com ) we had
> a discution about converting babies 3 wheelers cart into a Large Format
> porting device. The use of baby cart is mandatory, as to preserve the
> valluable equipment they put into.... (double or triple check the labels
> pertaining to the safety regulation the equipment fulfills....)

I use a "granny" shopping trolley for my 5x4 outfit. Carrying the camera, an
MPP MKVI, plus filmholders etc. in a rucksack isn't too bad, but I certainly
find the trolley necessary for my sturdy tripod, a Benbo MK 1.  It's got
fair sized wheels, no springing whatsoever, and is fairly easy to lift in
and out of my car's boot (trunk).

Malcolm
Milton Keynes, UK