[LargeFormat] Wide field and Commercial Ektars

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Wed Aug 10 19:17:35 EDT 2005

Les
I dug them out. They are 1947 ES. The sales reciept for 3 of them is from
March 1947. Do not ask why I have the reciept. I've seen and heard of lots
of 000 lenses since I got mine. I think they are salesmen samples. Too
many of them. Give Gustafson at GEH a call about it.
Ken

Very interesting. Does your '46 set say "Wide Field" or "Wide Angle"
Ektar.   I have a 135 and 190 also from '46 that say Wide Angle, but
these have a 000 serial number.

While I'm still in negotiations with the owner, I'm aware of a 14"
Eastman Ektar.  Has all the markings and machining of a Commercial
Ektar (bright mount of aluminum, style of engraving) accept its date
code is EY (1940); hence the interest of the "Commercial" introduction.

On Aug 9, 2005, at 11:45 PM, Ken Hough wrote:

> Les
> I have a "set" (100mm, 135mm, 190mm, 250mm) of WF Ektars from 1946.
Code