[LargeFormat] Light bar across Quick Load

Jim Brick jim at brick.org
Thu Jul 21 18:20:17 EDT 2005

The reason I bought the Quickload holder is that View Camera magazine did a
test for film flatness and found that the Quickload holder was the best in
this respect. I use Fuji Quickloads (Velvia, Provia, and Acros) anyway, so
it made sense.

One thing I have found with Quickloads is that after exposing the film,
slide the cover back in and gently tap the end to make sire that the paper
cover is seated in the metal end cap. Then, when taking the exposed
Quickload out of the holder, grab it VERY TIGHTLY between your thumb and
forefinger when pulling it out of the holder. This keeps the paper cover
from sliding slightly up, thus causing a tiny light leak such as you have
described. The piece, inside the paper, attached to the film, is a very
slick plastic piece and if you do not pinch it tightly, it can slip
slightly during its exit from the holder. Especially if you use a Kodak
holder since the metal end cap of the Quickload is different (than Kodak's
end cap) and can hang-up just enough to cause a tiny light leak.

So, tap the Quickload closed, and pinch hard when pulling it out.

Jim