[LargeFormat] F.S. 50-Sheet Box Tmax 100 8x10

Schuyler Grace schuyler at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 23 10:23:20 EST 2005

It is in the base and increases the UV b+f significantly.  The negatives in
question look great--nice range, good shadow and highlight detail, etc.--but
they were taking forever to print (contact print with UV light source),
among other printing issues.

Having spent most of my life in the IT industry, I'm used to getting
"release notes" with any and every system upgrade package to ensure we know
what has changed and what to look for if there is a problem.  And that's
what is so frustrating about this--that Kodak would make a major change to a
product and not mention it anywhere that I know of.  However, that seems to
be the norm in the arts industries, where papers and pigments and all sorts
of things seem to change at random, with no notice, and for no apparent
purpose.  That said, I have often wondered if Kodak wishes their whole film
business would just go away...(I, for one, am about ready to give up on them
after 30+ years)

-Schuyler