[LargeFormat] RE: Morse Developing tanks and Processing Book

Muessig, Hans, CMO hmuessig at att.com
Mon Feb 21 12:12:51 EST 2005

For what it is worth regarding 4x5 processing technique and equipment:

When I started LF photography 25 years ago I tried lots of things:
Yankee tanks, trays, Kodak tanks and hangers, etc. By far the most
consistent and repeatable results were with  tanks (half gallon rubber
or 5 qt stainless with a rack) and hangers. BUT, you need to be very
particular regarding the type of hangers. Kodak 4As work just fine.
Carr, Calumet, Leedal all produce flow marks because of the size and
spacing of the holes in the hanger channels.

And when you write that chapter don't forget to include Polaroid 55 P/N.
Yes, a different processing technique but beautiful negatives!

Hans