[LargeFormat] Happy Holidays!

Jim Brick largeformat@f32.net
Sat Jan 8 19:40:07 2005

This coming Monday the 10th, is the lowest tide in the next two year at
Weston Beach - Point Lobos. The low tide comes at roughly 4:45pm so the
entire afternoon will be marvelous. Point Lobos closes at 5pm during the
winter but I will have at least two hours of a lowest tide. The cool thing
about Weston Beach is the rock formations and the way the cove (Weston
Beach is a cove - mostly rock formations) is situated. The geology
formations are incredibly photogenic. and when the water is out, it is
simply spectacular. Last October we had a -.5' tide, which was in itself
spectacular, but this tide is minus 2' tide, 4x more.

According to the weather service, it is supposed to be raining in the AM
with scattered showers in the afternoon. I'll take whatever mother nature
dishes out. The extra low tide gives me an excuse for skipping work on
Monday and going to play. I have a huge umbrella and a Bogen Super Clamp
that affixes it to my tripod, therefore I'll shoot in any weather. Winds
are supposed to be only moderate so everything should be hunky-dory. My
Technikardan doesn't mind wet weather. It told me so...  ;-)

I'll be shooting a lot of 6x12 format using the Sinar Zoom back that I
bought from Rob Champagne a couple of years ago. Marvelous piece of equipment!

Happy New Year to everyone,

:-)

Jim