[LargeFormat] Richard Avedon passes.................

Ken Hough largeformat@f32.net
Fri Oct 1 16:08:32 2004

Richard Avedon passed on today.
A mutual friend of Richards and mine called me as soon as he found
out about the first hemmorrhage on Saturday at a shoot. I repaired
his 8x10 Deardorff twice. He was a very nice and humble man. We used
to discuss the ease that the V8 Deardorff could be used. He loved
that camera. The first time he called me was 10 years ago. He said
his V8 was not working smooth. I asked him if he ever lubed it. He
gasped and said "never thought of it!" I sent him some grease I use
with instructions. He called me from location in Europe and was all
excited. He said he wished some people would change as much as his
camera after a "good lubing".  He used it till the end from what I
heard.
Ken