[LargeFormat] Copal #3 shutters

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jun 18 09:28:01 2004

Gentlemen (yes, everyone responding thus far has been a gentleman),

I appreciate all of your feedback.  The reason for my question was based on
queries I have received related to our new Cooke Series XVa Triple
Convertible lens.  It incorporates a Copal #3 shutter, but Cooke gives a
choice for purchase -- with or without shutter.  If a UK buyer wants to
save some money by purchasing the lens without a shutter, where in the UK
would he or she pick one up?  Maybe the better question for me to have
asked you all is: What is the S.K. Grimes equivalent in the UK?

From what everyone has told me so far (except for Clive, since
unfortunately I didn't receive his emails), that entity doesn't exist or is
well hidden at the moment.  I'm sure Adam at SK Grimes would be more than
happy for the international business.  He's already stocked a stash of
Copal #3 shutters to accommodate Series XVa buyers and will attach the
Dynamic Scale Ring (with the f stop scales) to the shutter with the
purchase of a shutter from him.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Barbara Lowry
Cooke Optics Limited