[LargeFormat] reducing chromatic aberration in Photoshop

Michael Sullivan largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 10 08:41:30 2004

Dear Jim,

You can reduce chromatic aberration in Photoshop by using the following
procedure:

- change Image mode to LAB
- go to the A channel and blur it (3-5 pixels)
- go to the B channel and blur it (3-5 pixels)
- go to the L channel and sharpen using unsharp mask as appropriate
- change image mode back to RGB

while not perfect, it "does the trick"

Michael

On May 8, 2004, at 11:34 AM, Georges Giralt wrote:

> Hi Jim !
> I wonder if, given the price difference, I will bother with this small
> aberration...
> Keep in mind that Arsat does not have access to the better and finest
> glasses availlable to Westerners, so their design is of an exceptional
> quality to be comapred side by side with a Zeiss lens...And kept
> cheap.
> Give them the ability to design using the Japanese or German or US
> better glasses, and you will have wonderfull lenses...

Michael Sullivan
THE PRINTWRIGHT STUDIO
P.O. Box 552
Marshfield Hills MA 02051