[LargeFormat] Keep the list alive! - Off Topic - 6x6cm

Brock Nanson largeformat@f32.net
Thu May 6 17:14:38 2004

Jim,

I can barely see what you're referring to in the lighthouse blow-ups.
However, my guess is it's caused by the scanner.  You're getting in
pretty darned close, so you could be getting a similar effect to what
you see when you put your nose on your 32" television.  The RGB sensors
don't line up perfectly in a scanner, so sometimes detail gets
'adjusted' to suit the way the scanner sees things.

Could be wrong, just an idea.  As for why you see it in one only?  No
idea!  Unless it is the lens...

Brock