[LargeFormat] Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day - 25th April

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon May 3 05:18:48 2004

At 07:16 26/04/2004 -0700, Alan Davenport wrote:
>I got my shot!  This year, I found myself on a precipice overlooking
>a golf course several hundred feet below.   The Polaroid shot is, well,
>interesting; the film's expiration date was in October.  Of 1994...
>The Polaroid is already scanned but I'm waiting to see the chromes
>before I decide which shot to submit.
>
>This was on the way home from a 3 day, 700 mile trip to photograph
>ancient mud.  Errrrr, I mean, the Painted Hills of the John Day
>Fossil Beds.

Alan,

Great stuff - I can imagine the dogged determination of a photographer to
finally get his planned shots after having the best opportunities wrenched
from his hands by mother nature. Some of that bad weather was even
mentioned on UK TV. Tell us more about the Fossil Beds.

Seems as though you were the only one with a sharpened pin on the list
Alan. Please let me know when you post your shot. I have to admit to
spending time gardening with someone who has long put up with my
photographic eccentricities - sometimes you know when the tripod should be
left in the darkroom. It was one of the few breaks in the generally murky
weather we have been having here. That didn't stop me from visualising
though :-)