[LargeFormat] Inkjet black and white

Bob Adler largeformat@f32.net
Fri Apr 30 11:04:46 2004

Murray,
I've used the Cone system for a couple of years now,
on an Epson 1280, and thoroughly enjoy it. I would
recommend you get the new ICC system; much easier to
use and supports 16bit processing.
I also understand that Epson is coming out with some
new printing systems and inks; you may want to wait a
few months for that as I hear they are terrific. A web
site called Luminous Landscape has done some reviews
on it, I believe, and may provide links to other
reviews. Epson is coming out with a new 8 ink 12inch
wide printer hopefully to be followed by a wider
format printer. I think their technology allows you to
print on glossy paper; something you can't do well
currently with either Epson or Cone.
There is a forum out there for
digitalblackandwhitetheprint which is way over my head
but may be useful to you.
Good luck; just remember the prints are very different
than wet prints. Not better, not worse; just
different.
Bob