[LargeFormat] Introduction

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Thu Apr 29 14:56:28 2004

Hello Paul and everyone.

I've been on this list for nearly a year but for some reason, most of my posts wouldn't ever show up so I quit posting and just continued to enjoy everyone else's posts. I'm not even sure this one will make it onto the list. I'll soon find out! :-)

Paul, there were a couple of things that you said that made me want to respond.

Congratulations of your cancer being in remission!! That is WONDERFUL! I'm curious, do you find that your ability to "see" has changed now that you've faced cancer and won? Do you see different things or maybe see more clearly?

I guess I'm just wondering how many photographers find that there images are improved by having faced difficulties.

I picked up my first camera just after loosing my dad to suicide. This was almost 4 yrs ago. I used the camera to help me to find the beauty in living. I used it as a way of moving forward and also to escape from the emotional pain. I was drawn to get out of bed and out of the house and SEE the things of beauty all around me.

My first camera was a point and shoot digital. (Kodak DC4800) I quickly fell in love with photography and wanted to learn about film. So I took a class at the local Jr. College. I quickly went from 35mm to MF and now am using a Wista SP 4x5. I agree with you LF isn't going to die! I can't wait to print my first 4x5 negative. We are building a darkroom out of an old big-rig trailer. It's almost done. www.becksdarkroom.5u.com

Paul and everyone, do you have any of your images online? I'd enjoy seeing them. What do we take photos for if not to share them?

Be well,

Becky Lynn
Modesto, CA
www.becksphotography.50megs.com