[LargeFormat] All at the LF Conference?

philip lambert largeformat@f32.net
Tue Apr 27 15:02:37 2004

> Hi Philip,
>
> Here's info about the FlexBody.  http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/hassyflex.html
>
> It has back movements, which I like better than lens movements. Rise,
fall,
> & tilt and 30+mm of extension capability. It is an outstanding camera body
> for folks (like me) who have a plethora of Hasselblad lenses and film
> backs. Used prices in the US are falling as well. One can get a used Flex
> here for $1000-$1200. BTW, Hasselblad stopped making them. But will
support
> them forever since they are so simple.

It's a good web document.   Interesting camera but maybe not quite good
enough or value for money.
Can you mount wide-field lenses in a Hasselblad extension tube and use them?
There are some small Ektar, Toyo, Docter Tessar, Tominon, Symmar, Xenar
ranging from 65mm up, that might fit inside or on the front of a tube. Extra
tubes would supplement the bellows stretch.
The Hasselblad lenses were presumably to cover 6x6 without movements.
There's a fancy little Linhof (evidently for a digital back) that looks a
bit similar.  Hasselblad can't teach Linhof anything about high prices
either but the stuff lasts long enough to get onto the used camera market at
terrestrial prices years later.
Philip