[LargeFormat] New Cooke Convertible Series XVa Lens!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Wed Apr 14 19:23:27 2004

At 20:53 14/04/2004 +0200, Huib Smeets wrote:
snip
>Maybe you can persued Cooke to elaborate a bit on this list about how
>and why they decided the create this lens. Isn't the viewcamera redeemed
>(even with a digital back attached)?. Seeing the focallength it looks
>like it is targeted at 8x10 camera's.

Huib,

Barbara Lowry from Cooke Optics appears to be fairly vocal on the f32
Discussion Forum and that is probably the best place to bend her ear. The
lens is definitely intended for 8x10, although the combined focal length
would of course be useful for 4x5 if you have the 300mm or so of bellows.

I think it's great to see new LF lenses being produced by Cooke Optics and
hope that they will be encouraged to produce new versions of their Series
VIIB wide angle.