[LargeFormat] 8x20 to 12x20

Karl Faller largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 28 14:12:02 2004

Craig,

First:  Check with Reid Tool Supply Co. on line for any spur gear
tracks, gears, missing knobs etc., they will have what you might need.
Second:  If you are using large lens you might want to enlarge the
front lens board frame to carry a 7" lens board.
Third: The dimensions you requested, for a 12x20 Folmer are:
    Camera Back:  O.D. = 22 1/16 x 16"
    Ground Glass frame: O.D. = 22 5/16 x 14 1/2" I.D. = 19 3/4 x 11 3/4"
plus 1/8 for the ground glass.
    Film holder:  O.D. = 22 7/16 x 14 15/16" I.D. = 19 1/2 x 12 1/16"
The only problem you will have that will be difficult to solve is
finding the springs for the ground glass frame.
In order for the camera to close properly you will need to increase the
size of the front standard as well as the rear.
In my opinion it would be wiser to purchase a 12x20 and have it
restored.

Karl