[LargeFormat] Bad Kodak Lens

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Mar 14 17:20:53 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
To: "Large Format List" <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 13, 2004 5:50 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Bad Kodak Lens

>   After having touted Kodak lenses for some years I've
> finally encountered a bad one. This is a 101mm, f/4.5 lens
> for a Miniature Speed Graphic. The particular lens was
built
> in 1941. The problem is excessive spherical aberration.

  After some experimentation I find the problem persists.
Its possible that the front and rear cell were mixed but I
don't think so. Unfortunately, Kodak doesn't mark the rear
cells with the lens serial number. I will try a couple of
other things with this lens to see if it can be brought up
to the performance I expect from Ektars. Very strange.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com