[LargeFormat] Reflex view finder for a 4x5

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Mar 9 20:52:21 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <carlos@casadeibambini.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 12:56 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Reflex view finder for a 4x5

> Has anyone built a reflex viewfinder for 4x5? with mirror
at 45 degree angle,
> etc.?
> Thank you for your responses!

  I haven't personally built one but have seen published
designs in books on large format work. It looks fairly
simple to do, I think the hard part is figuring out how to
fasten it to the camera in a convenient way. First surface
mirrors are desirable and are available from optical surplus
places for not too much. I saw some yesterday ad C&H in
Pasadena CA, about six inches square, for about $5 US each.
Edmunds may also have them but C&H will be cheaper. I don't
know if they have a web site.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA