[LargeFormat] any trouble at check-in with a LF rail?

Michael Sullivan largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 29 08:26:05 2004

Not to revive the previous airline baggage thread, but I was wondering
if anyone had any trouble with their standards rail at the airport
check-in? (my camera is disassembled for transport, leaving this 18"
hunk of extruded aluminum) Seems to me that if they are not allowing
baseball bats, canes, umbrellas, etc, then might they not look at one
of our large format rails and think the worse?

I hate the idea of checking my rail with my luggage and carrying the
rest of my gear onboard...

J Michael Sullivan

J MICHAEL SULLIVAN PHOTOGRAPHY
Marshfield Hills Massachusetts
http://www.haywood-sullivan.com/photography

"It's as though there's a wonderful secret in a
certain place and I can capture it. Only I, at
this moment, can capture it, and only this
moment, and only me." -- Walker Evans