[LargeFormat] Graflex 120 6x9 Roll Holder Loading Question

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 21 16:02:01 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "philip lambert" <philip.lambert@ntlworld.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2004 3:43 AM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Graflex 120 6x9 Roll Holder

> I had a Graflex Optar, I think f4.5 150mm and it was as
good as a Xenar
> (i.e. sharp when stopped down but coverage somewhat
limited).  I later had a
> much bigger Japanese TeleOptar, manufacturer uncertain,
mint condition but I
> sold it because its images seemed soft at the edges.
> At the moment I am looking at a 90mm Mamiya Press lens,
the front of which
> is marked from careless handling.
> This was sharp once and reasonably contrasty. Can anything
be done to
> repolish a front cell or is it uneconomic?
> Philip

  John van Stelten offers repolishing and coating services.
He isn't cheap but you should ask the actual price.
Repolishing the lens will affect its thickness very
slightly. In general thickness has much less effect on lens
performance than other parameters so its practical. The key
is the depth of the scratches. Very shallow scratches may
only affect the coating.

focalpt@ecentral.com
The Focal Point
John Van Stelten