[LargeFormat] Non Received eBay Ries' Tripod

Tom Trottier largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 20 10:52:04 2004

eBay has buyer's insurance, but you have to claim within 30 days.

tOM

On Friday, February 20, 2004 at 7:44,
tripspud <largeformat@f32.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       I bought and paid for this Ries's B style tripod:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2969705186
>
> and never received it.  I've phoned four times without result.  The seller
> has 100% feedback rating, but is no longer offering anything.  I suspect
> the seller has died, but I could not get a straight answer from anyone of
> several people I  contacted and never spoke to the seller, though one
> person said at one time they were getting ready to leave for a funeral
> that afternoon.
>
>      I guess there is little recourse as I did not have seller's insurance.
> It's
> like lossing at Reno or what?  These B model's are hard to find as well
> as being out of the dough.  The payment went through Paypal some time
> ago.
>
>       Plus, now, the seller's contact phone number only brings up a busy
> signal for the last few days.  This is my first eBay experience where the
> deal fell through and I got burned.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich Lahrson
> Berkeley, California
> trispud@transbay.net

------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -------
   ,__@	tOM Trottier +1 613 231-6115	N45.412 W75.714
 _-\_<,	758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)	Abacurial Information Architecture	http://Abacurial.com
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too
much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
-Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826)