[LargeFormat] Macro photography and movements

Mike Finley largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 1 11:08:15 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:01:26 -0800, Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> wrote:

>At 11:19 PM 1/31/2004 +0000, Mike Finley wrote:
>
>>I'd focussed on the middle of the subject and then tried to use tilt
>>at the rear to get front and back in focus, and couldn't.
>

>I've found that close-up photography requires a h-u-g-e amount of tilt =
in=20
>order to get the horizontal plane in focus.

Indeed! It was much brighter this morning, so it was easier to see the
image on the ground glass and see what was happening. I needed maximum
tilt on the back, plus a reasonable amount on the front, and a bit of
rise to get back to the middle of the image circle. The image plane I
wanted was not quite horizontal, but not far from it, and fairly flat.
Mike Finley, http://www.efikim.co.uk